When it came to acquiring a lifestyle underpinned by financial security, Brenton decided to ignore what he’d grown up in Sydney hearing, “People like us can’t do things like that.”
Brenton’s own financial education started early, talking through the concepts in the Australian Financial Review with a friendly commerce teacher. Today, listening and talking through concepts is exactly what Brenton does for his clients and in the media — including the Financial Review.
Consistently ranked one of Sydney’s top financial planners (Adviser Ratings), Brenton believes strongly in separating advice from commissions and instead focussing on delivering genuine value to clients.
Still working with direction clients and being the founder of a Dealer Group that grew to over 400 advisers, Brenton has a wealth of experience in understanding what practice owners need to run a successful, ethical, sustainable and profitable business.
Brenton holds a Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Accounting and Law, as well as an Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning. He is completing his Masters of Business Administration and is enrolled in the Fellow Chartered Financial Practitioner programme (FChFP). Brenton is a Senior Associate Member of FINSIA, a Practitioner Member of the Association of Financial Advisers and a member of the Association of Independent Financial Professionals. In addition, Brenton is an accredited trainer for financial planners and writes part of the Continuing Professional Development syllabus for Kaplan.
Outside of the office, Brenton spends time with his ever-expanding family, working on the farm or sailing the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race.
- Strategic financial modelling
- Budgeting and cash flow management
- Tax minimisation strategies
- Financial Independence Retire Early (FIRE) strategies
- Superannuation and SMSF strategies
- Transition to retirement strategies
- Share investment strategies
- Property investment strategies
- Mortgage and borrowing strategies
- Insurance analysis
- Estate planning
- Master of Business Administration (in progress)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Law)
- Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning
Memberships and associations
- Member, Fellow Chartered Financial Practitioner programme (FChFP)
- Senior Associate Member, FINSIA
- Member, Association of Financial Advisers
- Member, Association of Financial Professionals
- Member, Responsible Investment Association of Australia
- Accredited trainer for financial advisors